Thursday, April 16, 2015

Burn- a Cyber gothic tale

BuRn  
  
The guard stared hard into my eyes, his own steely grey eyes were cold and hard, his hand ran through his hair, a sure sign of being stressed. Beads of sweat ran down his ruddy neck and was soaked up by his black t-shirt that strained over his bulging, veiny muscles. He moved back and regarded me for a moment and then nodded once, giving me permission to proceed. I smiled a blan smile and swayed my hips as I walked, my feet were clad in leather knee-high boots and black, sheer stockings. My black denim mini-skirt rose an inch so I pulled it down again. 


I straightened my black , lace singlet top so that I looked relatively presentable, as I reached the door of the gothic looking manor I hid behind one of the large, stone pillars and opened up my makeup compact to touch up my eyes. I applied some smokey coloured eye-shadow, ivory pressed powder and for good measure some cherry coloured lipstick, I smacked my lips together and placed the compact in my handbag. 


I rounded the piller and shoved my invitation in the door keepers hand, he let me pass without a word of recognition. I ran my fingers through my shoulder length, wavy brown hair and shook it so that it would have more bounce. I felt rather than heard the music vibrating through the room. I walked over to the large iron doors and the doorkeeper pushed the button and they opened with a slight woosh sound. Lazer lights flashed, music beated loudly and people danced mindlessly. Their arms swaying above their heads. hips swiveling. 


The room was hot due to th e throng of bodies, all squashed in together like a can of sardines. I walked up to the bar and pointed two fingers and mouthed scotch, meaning a double scotch. 


He pointed to the ice and I shook my head, I leant against the bar and the bar man plonked my glass down on the coaster next to me. I picked it up, curling my ringed fingers around the tumbler and downed it in one go. I surveyed the room, two levels, bottom one for dancing and the top one for lounging. 


As I watched the scene of people dancing I was suddenly entranced by a man who had a tattoo upon his arm that read burn in black letters. The tattoo read 
BURN

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home